Sunday, May 18, 2008

Funny Funny Times.

Everyone in life needs a wonderful sense of humor. So in order to kick off my first ever blog, I am willing to share with you a very funny story. In my sophmore year of High school, I was sitting in my Jazz Band class, listening to a lecture that my band director was giving. When I looked over to see my fellow Trombonists, each with their mouthpieces inside their mouths. I was amazed by this, seeing how I have a very small mouth, roughly around the same size as the mouthpeice. I suddenly was jealous, so, not thinking, I stuck my mouthpiece inside my mouth. Filled with a great deal of pride at the fact that I could get my mouthpiece inside my mouth, I grinned. Well, at least I tried. The mouthpiece was too big, that I could not grin, so, laughing to myself, I tried to pull the mouthpiece out. It did not work. so I started laughing more, this time at how stupid I was to even attempt this daring trick. You have to know that when I laugh, my jaw locks until I stop laughing. So while I am laughing at myself, I am tring to pull the mouthpiece out of my mouth, but to no success. You see, my teeth were in the way, so everytime I tried to pull out my mouthpiece, you heard a "tink" sound. Soooo, during this whole process, all any one could really hear was... "giggle..., 'tink'..., giggle, giggle,... 'tink' 'tink',... hehehehe, 'tink' 'tink' 'tink'. and so on and so forth. It took me about a half hour to stop laughing enough to take out my mouthpiece. needless to say, my jaw really hurt after that. So. what is the moral of this story? the Moral is, Don't be jealous of what other people do. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy...I laughed out loud. I really did. :D You're amazing.

Hey, just so you know, you're not the only one who can't fit your mouthpiece in your mouth. But then again...I don't think ANYONE is talented enough to fit a flute headjoint in their mouth...maybe Mark...if you gave him a dollar...

:)

~Angela

Anonymous said...

Amy! I love it! I remember that day. Good times!