Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Orangutan in High Heels


Well, todays story was well thought out. I had many to choose from, but I figured I'd write about this one first. It was on a Jazz Band trip for a competition we had. We stopped at a mall to get lunch. After lunch the rest of the band randomly decided to meet up at the dollar store, clear across the parking lot. So Eric Bottelberghe, Mark Dexheimer, and I were walking across the parking lot over to the dollar store. (Now, what you have to know at this point in time is; A: The Parking lot was at least 2 football fields long. B: I am a..... well.... what you would say a "Vertically Challenged" person. C: Being a "Short" person, I have very "Short" legs. Which in this case means that I have to take three times as many steps in order to keep up with my very tall friends). Well on this special occasion, I, for some stupid reason decided to wear high heeled shoes, which make me have to take shorter steps. Therefore, if I do the math correctly, I would have to take 4.2 steps for every 1 step that my very tall amigos took. Knowing all of this, one might come to the conclusion that it would be very easy to fall behind. Well, it was. Eric was very nice, and shortened his stride. Mark, on the other hand, told me to hurry up. At which I defiantly said, "Hey! You try walking in these shoes!" Mark, then preceded to hand me his shoes, (which were 10 times as big as my feet, and they made me look like a duck with really big feet), And I gave him my shoes, (which were 10 times smaller than his feet, and made his feet stick halfway out the back). This was a very funny sight indeed. But it didn't stop there. Mark, then started to run across the parking lot in my very small high heeled shoes. Now, imagine if you will, a very large, skinny, feminen male orangutan, with his hands raised high above his head. Now put that orangutan in some undersized High Heels, and a banana clear across the parking lot. That orangutan is gonna run after that banana. Well, this is what Mark looked like from the back, as he gayly frolicked towards the Dollar Store. I nearly died of laughter. Oh, but this was still not the funniest part yet. A mother and her little toddler son came out of the store as Mark was approaching. I saw the mother grab her son, yanking him towards her, as if to shelter him from Mark. LOL! It was like one of those scenes from a Godzilla movie, where the mother races to grab her child right before Godzilla steps on him. Oh, My Gosh!!! You should have seen the look on her face. Wow! seriously. I could not stop laughing for the longest time. Ok! so what is the moral of this story? Don't wear High Heels if you are short and have to keep up with tall friends.

Amen. and Goodnight. TTFN. Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good times!!! Was that the Comp that Mark acted like an actual Orangutan? (It was the comp at Bear River High School)
Good Fun Times!!