Friday, May 30, 2008

Ode to Eyebrows

Ok. This is a funny story. I was getting all dolled up one day to go to a singles ward function. Well I couldn't find my tweezers and I had a major unibrow. So I found my electric facial hair remover thingy, and I was being ever so careful while using it, (because I once, accidentally trimmed my eyelashes). So there I was hardly moving a muscle as I trimmed around my eyebrows. When I suddenly sneezed. I froze, suddenly, realizing that the trimmer was right next to my eyebrow when I had sneezed. I slowly raised my handheld mirror up to my face. There, on my face, right above my eye, was half of an eyebrow. I screamed in terror, as my sister came running in. I held my hand over my half eyebrow as my sister fratically tried to figure out what was wrong. I hesitantly pryed my hand away from my face. My sister froze as she stared at the empty spot where my eyebrow used to be. Then came the laughter. "Well, why the heck did you do that?" Jean said. I frantically started looking for my eyebrow pencil, but to no avail. So I had to use my black eyeliner to fill it in. I looked like a goth, with dark black eyebrows and my bangs drooping ver half of my face. I nearly cried. But eventually they grew back, Thank Goodness!
So, what is the moral of this story? Never Ever Ever Ever use the electronic facial hair removing thingy near your eyebrows. Amen.

No comments: